- Buildings & Sites
- Major Employers
- Foreign Investment
Who is in Springfield?
Springfield MSA’s population has consistently increased each year, bringing with it welcomed growth in residential areas and businesses. The current population of the five-county Springfield MSA is 462,369 and growing.
Within the Springfield city limits there are 7,376 full-time residents but due to commuter traffic, that population increases 53% during the day to 255,835.
Quick Facts about the Springfield MSA
- The cost of living in Springfield is 11.8% under the national average.
- The current per capita income is $37,502
- The current average household income is $64,627
- Gender breakdown: Female–51.5% Male–48.5%
- Race breakdown: White–92.4% African American– 2.1% Hispanic/Latino–3.4% Asian– 1.5% Other: 0.5%
Growing and Expanding
There are more than 183,000 households in the Springfield MSA with a median age of residents being 37.1. This youthful, active population is a driving force for the growth of this region with many young professionals relocating to the area for healthy job opportunities and strong economic development.
On average, Springfield’s annual growth percentage is more than double that of the state of Missouri and 62% higher than the nation’s. With this steady incline of growth and abundant resources for expansion, Springfield is the ideal location for new business ventures.
|Number of Households||183,438|
|Average Household Size||2.44|
|Average Family Size||3.05|